How to fix dns_probe_finished_no_internet error?
Many of us are using Google Chrome as the default browser on our PC. Sometimes, while browsing the internet, you might have come across any webpage that is unavailable. If it ever happens, copy the error code displayed on the screen for the unavailable page and search for the solution of that error. When using Chrome browser, if you ever get dns_probe_finished_no_internet error code, it usually means your internet got disconnected or Google Chrome is unable to access the internet. There may be other reasons for this error like internet blocked by Firewall or Antivirus or it could occur due to the router issue.
Before finding how to fix dns probe finished no internet error, let’s see the possible causes of this error.
What are the reasons for dns_probe_finished_no_internet error?
There could be many possible reasons for the error; we have mentioned the main reasons behind this issue.
- Google Chrome browser might be unable to access internet due to blocking of DNS address.
- New Antivirus software or its update installed on the PC sometimes blocks the internet. At times Firewall settings can also be the reason of this error.
- There could be cable or router issue like loose cables or routers needs to be restarted.
Ways to resolve dns_probe_finished_no_internet error
First, ensure that your internet is working and all the cables are properly connected. Also, reboot the router of your network connection as it can possibly resolve the error.
If you have already tried the above-mentioned techniques, try the methods mentioned below to easily resolve the error dns_probe_finished_no_internet.
Flush and Renew DNS
Flushing and Renewing the DNS is a simple solution to fix the issue. You can follow few simple steps to flush and renew DNS.
1. Open Command Prompt on your PC.
a. Go to Start menu, type Command Prompt
b. Right Click on it and select Run as Administrator
2. Type the below commands in the opened Command Prompt window.
netsh int ip reset C:\resetlog.txt
netsh winsock reset
3. Restart your computer.
Change DNS address
Many times the DNS address get blocked, when we open any website it shows ‘The webpage not available’ and error code dns_probe_finished_no_internet on the screen. To resolve the issue, you need to change the DNS address to Google Public DNS.
1. Go to Start, type Control Panel and press Enter.
2. Go to Network & Sharing.
3. Click ‘Change adapter settings’ present in the left pane.
4. Right-click on the network connection that is connected to the internet and select Properties.
5. You will see ‘Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4)’, check on the checkbox in front of it and then click Properties.
6. Now select ‘Use the following DNS server address’. In Preferred DNS server type 188.8.131.52 and in Alternate DNS server type 184.108.40.206
7. Then click OK and restart Chrome.
Outdated drivers can be the reason for the error. Sometimes updating the driver can resolve most of the issues that occur on your PC. To update the drivers follow the below steps.
- Open Run by using Windows+R keyboard shortcut.
- Type devmgmt.msc and press Enter.
- You can see Network Adapter in a list of options. Expand it.
- Right click on your connection, and click on ‘Update Driver Software’
- Click ‘Browse my computer for driver software’.
- Select ‘Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer’.
- Choose the compatible network hardware and click Next. It will start the updating the driver software.
- After successful completion of installation, restart your computer.
The above techniques fix the error dns_probe_finished_no_internet in most of the PCs. We hope that these methods would work for you.