iPhone Won’t Turn On? How to Easily Fix the Issue
If your iPhone won’t turn on and you’re seeing the black screen, don’t think that it will make a big hole in your pocket and you have to buy new iPhone. You can easily solve this problem by trying any of the following solutions
Charge your iPhone
There is a possibility that your iPhone got deep discharged and that’s why the phone didn’t turn on. First try the simplest solution, plug in and charge your iPhone for at least an hour and reboot the device. If it doesn’t turn on, then there are chances that the charging cable is not working. Try using your old iPhone’s charger or ask your friend, who owns an iPhone; you can use their charger for sixty minutes. If the device turn on it means there is something wrong with your charging cable. In this way, you get ensured that the phone is fine and you just need to buy a new charging cable. If it doesn’t turn on, try different alternatives to fix the issue.
Hard resetting the phone can fix the problem most of the time. This process will reset the phone and clear the memory, don’t worry you won’t lose your data. You might have performed any action on your phone due to which it got hanged and the phone switched off in the same mode; hard reset will solve the problem.
- For iPhone 6s or lower models, press Power button and Home button at the same time for around 30 seconds until the Apple logo appears. For iPhone 7 and newer models where you won’t find the Home button, press Power button, and Volume Down button at the side for few seconds until the logo appears.
Restoring the iPhone to factory setting is an excellent solution to fix the issue. But when you do this, you will lose all the data stored in the device. If you have backed up the data then you are good to go and can follow the steps.
- Connect the USB cable to your iPhone, and press Home button/ iPhone 7 user will press the Volume down button
- Connect the cable to your computer by continue holding the Home/Volume down button.
- Now it’s in Recovery Mode and you can restore your iPhone.
iPhone In DFU Mode
If nothing works, then Device Firmware Upgrade or popularly known as DFU Mode is the last hope for you. It has the capability to restore your iPhone from any state. You can easily put the iPhone in DFU mode by following the simple steps:
- First, connect your phone to the computer
- Press the Power Button of iPhone for 3 seconds
- While holding power button, press home button and hold both of them for 15 seconds/ iPhone 7 users will press Volume down button and Power button for 15 seconds
- Remove your finger from power button but continuing to holding the home button for 10 seconds/ for iPhone 7 or higher models, press Volume down button for 10 more seconds.
- If the screen is black, it means it’s in DFU Mode. Your device will show “Connect to iTunes Screen”.
Even after trying all the above solutions your iPhone won’t turn on, then you should contact Apple Support